Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Slipping into the Subconscious Mind

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

Postby JohnF » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi,
Here is my latest piece using Notion "Slipping into the Subconscious Mind" which features Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass (Gold editions of both). I have nothing but good things to say about these two libraries. I should note that because of Notion only being 32bit I'm very limited in the amount of ram I'm able to use, thus I can only use the sustain patch(or only one patch) for every instrument in here. Some parts are very synthy but as a whole I'm happy with how it turned out. All sound is from within Notion.

"The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises." -Sigmund Freud

https://soundcloud.com/john-freese/slip ... bconscious

Thanks for listening and constructive criticism is welcomed.
Last edited by JohnF on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnF

Re: Slipping into the Subconscious Mind

Postby robsogge » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm listening as I type... I like the composition... this is one of those pieces that really need a careful and well thought use of controllers to get the phrasing right. As it is the notes are a bit flat sounding, and the expression of musical feelings is limited. The ff parts work better because the timbres themselves are interesting. You might decide to invest some (a lot of) time taking care of note connections, dynamics, cresc/decresc, vib/non vib, making every held long note move etc. This is just my thought, of course... nice composition, anyway!

Roberto
robsogge

Re: Slipping into the Subconscious Mind

Postby JohnF » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks for your comments Rob. Appreciate it!
JohnF

Return to Share NOTION Files