Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

first constructed piece of work

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

first constructed piece of work

Postby catshsh » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi all,

May I introduce myslef, I'm Catshsh, newbie user of NOTION software, and newbie in music as well :?
I just own notion for a couple of mounths (SLE miro version), and eventually dropped into the full version comunity 8-)

After just playing with notation, I figured I could write a piece of work for my cartoon productions.
Here is what will be applied on my next clip.

As I feel really newbie, all comments are welcome! especially those that will pinpoint errors in orchestration.

Thanks in advance.

CatShsh.
Attachments
Disparition-1.mp3
(566.57 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
catshsh

Re: first constructed piece of work

Postby Grawnque » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Actually, the orchestration doesn't seem to be your weak point. The problem is that using the same measure over and over becomes repetitious rather quickly.

So... what sort of animation are you doing?
Grawnque

Re: first constructed piece of work

Postby catshsh » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:46 am

Grawnque wrote:Actually, the orchestration doesn't seem to be your weak point.

Ho, thanks, I thought I was far from at least medium quality orchestration. The fact is, this is my very first try, and I do not have any harmony skills.

Grawnque wrote: The problem is that using the same measure over and over becomes repetitious rather quickly.

you are right, and I know this point. The repetition is anoying, for sure, just listening without the anim associated. I tried to make it moving using different instruments sets, creating waves in volume, questions and answer from inst to the other. Yet, the result is far from good (seems more like a set of patches for trying to find out the best arangement!)

Grawnque wrote: So... what sort of animation are you doing?

The story I want to create is a fantasy of my own.
The very introduction chapter is:
A couple is sleeping, a green light shimering from the window. The women wakes up, gets out in the street with her dog, walks to the nearest park, eventually stops near a big tree. The shimering green light is from here, getting more intense, and >poof<. The woman vanishes.

The cartoon is already sketched, and I do have a mockup available on youtube (though the soundtrack is just here as a sample, and not my music...)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=catshsh&aq=f
catshsh

Return to Share NOTION Files