Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

my first attempt !

A Place to Share Your NOTION Files

my first attempt !

Postby mrmark » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi everybody!! I am new to this idea of sharing work with people from all around the world. It is exciting!!!

This is my first attempt at using Notion SLE with Miroslav Philharmonik sounds. It is a short piece for dance.

I am having some troubles setting the dynamics. The program is not exactly executing what I wish. It is also a rough mix I am only learning about the mixer component.

have a listen, https://files.me.com/singamajig/c67v4w.mp3

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by mrmark on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you very much,
Mark aka Mr Mark !
www.mrmark.ca
mrmark

Re: my first attempt !

Postby Grawnque » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 pm

I suspect having trouble getting the dynamics you want is a complaint most conductors of live organizations would echo about their own performers. Fortunately, you have the advantage of having the mixer to help fine tune it all.

Somehow, it doesn't sound like your first attempt! But it does seem to me that the ends of your phrases in the beginning are so faint they're hard to hear, and would probably difficult for dancers as well. Beyond that I dont' yhink you'll be getting any resistance to further submissions here!
Grawnque

Postby mrmark » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks Grawnque!

I have not embraced the mixer portion of the program as of yet. I do not know if I can mix a piece "on the fly" so I may dump the piece down to a different hard disk recorder, where I can further manipulate the tracks. I really am interested in composing by scoring rather than programming and the Notion products are perfect for what I wish to do.
Thanks for the feedback!
Thank you very much,
Mark aka Mr Mark !
www.mrmark.ca
mrmark

Postby Grawnque » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh, by all means, score! But remember that even live music ends up being programmed - that's why there's a conductor up front, acting like a human mixer!
Grawnque

Postby mrmark » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Funny..... and yet all too true !
Thank you very much,
Mark aka Mr Mark !
www.mrmark.ca
mrmark

Return to Share NOTION Files