Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

First and Second time bars

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

First and Second time bars

Postby philip.donegan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 am

HI

Can anyone help me fathom out how to select first and second time bars? I simply do not understand the instructions in "Progression Help"

Thank you in anticipation

Phil
philip.donegan

Re: First and Second time bars

Postby tonygardner » Fri May 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi Phil.
I'm still somewhat of a babe when it comes to using Progression, but I've definitely successfully setup multiple 1st and 2nd endings on a few of my songs.
I'm not sure exactly where you're running into trouble, but I found the documentation to be adequate. Here's what I did:
1. Go to the beginning of the measure where the 1st ending will go to and place a ||: beginning repeat bar there;
2. Go to the measure where the 1st ending is to start and hit Ctrl+; (control semicolon) until it shows the 1st ending graphic and click at the start of that measure.
3. The 2nd ending should automatically appear on the measure directly after the 1st ending.

Do let me know if the above info was helpful or not. I'll monitor this thread and try to help as best I can.

I'm also pretty familiar with setting up "D.S.", "D.C.", "...al Fine" and "...al Coda" and use those frequently. These work pretty good, but you have to get them in the right order and learn to deal with a few idiosyncasies. :)
tonygardner

Return to PROGRESSION