Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Teaching Tool?

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

Teaching Tool?

Postby jcshirke » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 am

I am thinking about getting Progression to help me with teaching guitar. Let's say all I want to do is write out new chord voicings to show my students. I don't need to do any notation or write out any other parts of a score. Can I simply create a chord chart with the voicings I want to teach written out using the chord grid?

Thanks,

Jeff
jcshirke

Re: Teaching Tool?

Postby tobe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:23 pm

i was wondering about the very same thing...
this would be a point for me whether to purchase or not..
i don´t think there is a special lead sheet option
the manual says you can enter a custom chord, and when you enter rhythmical notes, you can change them into slash notation symbols, so you get rthm and chord sheet.
Seems as if you need to enter at least some notes i.o. to put chords above them.
but it says nothing about building up a custom library, how to save the voicings.
now i am wondering if yes or no.
I woudn´t want to enter the same open F#m/11 again and again

I´d like to place custom chord diagrams anywhere on the sheet as a chart, even without any notation staff, and/or just measures as boxes for easy lead sheet editing.
i know that there is custom chord library in Guitar Pro, but with a confusing bug that can make you crazy when exchanging chords. It will mess up everything, but if you are willing to fight hard, its gonna be there the way you desire..
tobe

Postby Torched » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:44 pm

There is a tutorial on how to create lead sheets here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm6LvO7C ... MpIVXmrSzZ
Torched

Postby tobe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:55 pm

thx, but the quest does not relate to the tutorial shown.
the topic is about custom chords and if they can be stored in a custom library.
tobe

Return to PROGRESSION