Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Percussion Expansion Packs

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

Percussion Expansion Packs

Postby sloveland » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 am

I notice that there are multiple percussion expansion packs available on the Notion website (Drums, Cymbals, Percussion, Pitched Percussion, Effects). In addition, Progression comes with canned drum sounds; Bass Drum (F4), Toms (G4, A4, D5, E5), Snare (C5), Ride (F5), High-Hat (D4, G5) and Crash cymbals (A5, B5).

Q1. If I purchase a percussion expansion pack, where would I find a map of the equivalent "note" for each percussion sound (similar to pages 11.4 to 11.6 in the Progression manual)?
Q2. Do the expansion packs sold on the Notion website work with both Progression and Notion?
Q3. How do you program an expansion pack drum sound with the drums that come with Progression? Do they get programmed on separate drum staff lines?
Q4. Do any of the expansion packs include the Cowbell or Guido?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide. Cheers!
sloveland

Re: Percussion Expansion Packs

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:39 am

Unfortunately the expansion sounds for Percussion do not work in Progression.

If you would like to use the expansion percussion sounds you will need to upgrade to Notion. The expansion percussion instruments load on their own staves and are mapped individually. The option to use both cowbell and guiro are available in Notion.

Hope this helps! Sorry for the delay....
Admin
Site Admin

Return to PROGRESSION