Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

midi import

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

midi import

Postby nashash » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:56 pm

hi i tried to import this file but i didn't have much luck, maybe someone will have better luck and tell me what i'm doing wrong

let me explain alittle more , i exported/midi from Guitar pro 5 , but when i import the file into Progression the notes are not where they should be,

this would sound much better thru Progression.

ps i like the look of the forums.
Attachments
Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing.mid
(118.43 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
nashash

Re: midi import

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:27 am

Sorry for the delay....

I tried to import the piece and didn't really have any luck. Do you have a sequencer (like ProTools, Cakewalk...etc) that you may be able to import this to and "tweak" so that the import to Progression is a bit more successful?

We are aware that the midi import in Progression has some bugs and they are definitely "in the works." Sorry I don't have a more direct answer...hope this helps! :D

-Kyle
Admin
Site Admin

Postby RussD » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi!

I just upgraded to Notion 3 and tried to import your Dire Straits midi file. No joy! Seems like everything except the drums made it in reasonable shape. The drums "play" using piano sounds so that is definitely being mis-mapped.

I own Guitar Pro 5 so I tried to import the file into that. No luck as it crashes GP5 every time I try to import it. Can you import that file back into your GP5?

I plan to try using Notion with several other music software programs here in the studio so I will let you know if I find out what is going on. anyone else have any ideas?

RussD
RussD

Postby sepheritoh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:43 pm

I use a workaround for the poor midi import problem of Notion. The XML import seems to be much better.

So, download the free program MuseScore http://www.musescore.org/ and import your midi and export it as XML. Then import the XML into Notion. The drum parts still translate poorly, but at least the other parts comes across much better.

It is not ideal to have to use another freeware program to work around Notion's problems, but the Notion staff is aware of the problem and will hopefully fix it soon.
sepheritoh

Postby skyline1241 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

sepheritoh wrote:I use a workaround for the poor midi import problem of Notion. The XML import seems to be much better.

So, download the free program MuseScore http://www.musescore.org/ and import your midi and export it as XML. Then import the XML into Notion. The drum parts still translate poorly, but at least the other parts comes across much better.

It is not ideal to have to use another freeware program to work around Notion's problems, but the Notion staff is aware of the problem and will hopefully fix it soon.

Such a very amazing link!
skyline1241

Return to PROGRESSION