Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Capo?

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

Capo?

Postby EddieD » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello,

I just bought Progression, and am VERY pleased with it. I am using it to document my own compositions, which have a lot of picking patterns.

My question is - almost everything I write uses a capo placed somewhere along the fretboard. I see no option for specifying that, so everything I write with Progression is in the same key. I have tried going into the instrument and changing the note values, but they sound exactly the same before and after.

Any chance capo will be added? Is the fact the strings don't change tone when you change them a bug?

Thanks, this is a great product!

EddieD
EddieD

Re: Capo?

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 pm

While there is not support currently for capo you can re tune the strings by accessing the instrument setup.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby b13 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 am

There should be a Capo-Feature in Progression AND Notion. GuitarPRO also has such a Feature.

Changing Tuning of a Guitar with a Capo is a typical technic for a stringed instrument. It also should be available in your Programs.

You´ll make your products better, if you hear to your customers and try to realise there ideas.
b13

Postby noise1010 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I would love this feature, too. If possible, allowing for partial capos, too. Sibelius has a plug-in for guitar capos, but I don't find it all that easy and would prefer to use Notion if at all possible.
noise1010

Return to PROGRESSION