Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

NEW PROGRESSION USER

A Forum to Discuss PROGRESSION

NEW PROGRESSION USER

Postby BLACKCROW » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Two days ago I purchased PROGRESSION from SweetWater , I have been using Sonar DAW products for five years now .
I also work with Reason 5 and RECORD TOO
I'm not a guitar player , my instrument is Drums and some keyboard . All the music I create is done using mostly Project 5 and Sonar Home Studio 7XL .

My interest in buying this product Progression is I wanted to add lead guitar tracks to the songs I create in my Project 5 DAW made by CakeWalk instead of having to ask a few real guitar player I have worked with before .
Can someone tell me if I'll be able to use Progression with my other DAW .
I know Progression allows you to use VST synth instrument software , I have some made from CakeWalk and a druware called Addictive drums that I have been using for years now and like it .

Can someone tell me how many tracks you can record on or am I working with STAFF only for all the different instruments I want to use to create a song with ?
Like with Project 5 the DAW I use the most I can record drums on one track , another track for bass , another for keyboard and other tracks for any other instruments I want to add to my song and keep building that way untill the song is finished .
Does Progression have MIDI track to record on and how many MIDI track can you add to a song in Progression before you decide you want to add a guitar track ?

I hope I purchased the right product , I wanted to learn how to create guitar lead and acoustic guitar sounds using a staff and then add that to my songs I create in my Project5 or in Sonar Home Studio 7 XL .

Hope someone can give me more information on how this product really works when creating songs , does anyone have any songs you have create using Progression that I can listen to ?

Thanks ! BLACKCROW
BLACKCROW

Return to PROGRESSION