Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

How to create false harmonics for electric bass

How to create false harmonics for electric bass

Postby Jocke » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:27 am

Hi,

How do I create false harmonics for an electric bass?

Kind regards /Jocke
Jocke

Re: How to create false harmonics for electric bass

Postby Wawoodman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:32 pm

As near as I can tell, there isn't a simple way. But I don't know what it should look like, either. Can you post a picture of what you have in mind? That might help us come up with a workaround.
Wawoodman

Postby Jocke » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:26 pm

I saw on youtube a video from the notion team about natural and false harmonics but it looks like it was for the PC software and I never saw how they did to create them.

When playing on a real bass, I can hold down for example the third fret with my left hand and then use my right index finger on the fifteen fret (12 fret above) and then use my little (?) finger to touch the string to create a false harmonics. I just want to do the same in Notion especially when it looks like it is possible while using their PC version.
Jocke

Postby Wawoodman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:14 pm

I looked at a couple of online illustrations. I don't think the iPad version can do it.
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad