Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Dotted bar lines

Dotted bar lines

Postby rickwaugh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 pm

I have a 30 bar or so score. Near the end, it has insisted on putting in a dotted bar line. I can't get rid of it. Is there a reason I'm not understanding as to why this is so? I have tried putting in more measures around it, and deleting it. Just won't go.
rickwaugh

Re: Dotted bar lines

Postby Wawoodman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Very interesting. I can't even find a dotted barline!

Is it going in at the end of a measure (you can put the full measure of notes in, before it) or is it mid-measure?

Can you post a screenshot of what's happening?

Can you delete a group of measures with this one in the middle? Does the barline reappear?

Just a stupid question: is this Notion for iPad, or the desktop version?
Wawoodman

Postby rickwaugh » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 pm

It's near the end, about 30 measures in. I have tried everything, creating more bar lines after than trying to delete it, copying and pasting. Nothing. It keeps coming back. Very annoying.

Just appears as a dotted bar line, which I believe is supposed to mean unregulated timing? I tapped and held at the end of the piece to get more measures, with 'insert bar line', and this is what I get. Worked great up to then adding them.
rickwaugh

Postby Wawoodman » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Try this: tap and hold at the spot, and from that measure bar, choose Make Regular Bar.
Wawoodman

Postby rickwaugh » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:29 am

How did I manage to miss that? Perfect, thanks.
rickwaugh

Return to Notion for iPad