Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Disappearing text

Disappearing text

Postby LGMinton » Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 pm

What might I have done to cause the title, subtitle, and composer at the top of the first page to disappear in print view? It appears in iPad view only.
LGMinton

Re: Disappearing text

Postby Wawoodman » Wed May 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Could you post the document, so we can look?
Wawoodman

Postby LGMinton » Thu May 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Sure - how do I do that?
LGMinton

Postby LGMinton » Thu May 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Also, I tried to assign a different playback sound to the alto line, and now it will only list "Alto in C" as the instrument name. Altos are frequently at sea, but...
LGMinton

Postby Wawoodman » Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Sorry! I can't figureout how to post a Notion doc, either.

Email it to me at wawoodman at aol dot com, and I'll take a look.
Wawoodman

Postby Randy » Sat May 31, 2014 12:51 am

I've experienced both of those problems. At first I thought that Print View just didn't have the setup title text elements, but now I think it happens whenever you edit the setup text.

For the "in C" Text getting added to transposing instruments, that's just the way the program was set up. Non transposing instruments like flute or voice, alto, etc. never say "In C" but if you change the instrument sound to a transposing instrument like clarinet, it will transpose to Bb and label the part as Clarinet in Bb. You can edit the instrument display name back to Alto, and change the transposition from Bb back to C, but because the clarinet instrument sound was programmed in as a transposing instrument, it will always add "in X" for whatever transposition you have set the part to.

I hope they fix this issue in the big update.
Randy

Postby LGMinton » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:39 pm

So, once you've edited the setup text you can never get it to come back in print view?
LGMinton

Postby Randy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:30 am

I cannot consistently replicate the titles problem in Print View, so I'm not exactly sure how it happens. Where it's most annoying is in Dynamic Parts view where just the word Title shows up with no subtitle and no composer.
Randy

Postby LGMinton » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:48 am

Thanks to Brian at Notion tech support for fixing my score. When you begin a score with a midi file you can't change the titles. It will be corrected on an update.
LGMinton

Return to Notion for iPad