Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Time signature issue

Time signature issue

Postby Srinikishore » Wed May 21, 2014 11:05 am

When I use time signature of 5/8, during playback, i am hearing three 1/8note silences at the end of (it is playing 8 1/8 notes) in each measure. Am I doing something wrong?
Srinikishore

Re: Time signature issue

Postby Alain » Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello,
Excuse me for asking, but how do you change Time signature and Key ?? I am an absolute beginner with Notion.
Tank you in advance.
Alain

Re: Time signature issue

Postby Randy » Sat May 31, 2014 1:08 am

When I create 5/8 time and fill a measure with notes it seems to work and playback perfectly. I cannot seem to replicate your problem. However, if your measures already had notes in them, even rests, and then you switched to 5/8 then the extra notes and rests are still there and will playback. For example, if you place 4 beats of notes and rests into a 4/4 measure and then switch the measure to 5/8 time, the leftover notes are still there and do not get pushed into the next measure. But the notes and rests turn red so it should be obvious which notes and rests are extra. The solution is to delete the red notes, or clear the measure and re-enter the notes and rests.
Randy

Return to Notion for iPad