Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Placement of Fine, D.S., and D.C.

Placement of Fine, D.S., and D.C.

Postby Randy » Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 pm

I have had difficulty with precise placement of Fine, DS, and DC markings. They are rarely, if ever, not at the end of a measure, but often I get the placement at the beginning of beat 4, 4 1/2, or even 4 7/8. This really screws up playback.

After lots of trial-and-error experimenting, I seem to get the placement right, except in one instance - If the Fine is on the measure before a first ending, playback always wants to stop or jump after the second to last note, instead of the last note. I think that Notion actually expects the Fine, DS, or DC to be at the beginning of the next measure, but because the next measure is in the first ending, a Fine, for example, is not seen and keeps getting skipped over as Notion waits for a Fine that it never sees.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any workarounds?
Randy

Re: Placement of Fine, D.S., and D.C.

Postby ghess1000 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Try attaching them to the barline rather than one of the other grid locations. I agree it's a little tricky. IMHO these are items that should only be attached to barlines. Who places a D.S in the middle of a measure?
George Hess
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory
National University of Singapore
MBP, 2.3 GHZ Quad i7, OSX 10.9.3, 16 GB RAM
ghess1000

Re: Placement of Fine, D.S., and D.C.

Postby dalgaard » Mon May 19, 2014 3:39 am

+ 1
I spent a lot of time fiddling with DS and codas too
dalgaard

Return to Notion for iPad