Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Various issues

Various issues

Postby dalgaard » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Am I the only one who would be interested in a Paste and merge function? Or is there a way to do this that I am missing? It would be highly convenient to be able to for instance paste a melody on top of a chord sequence or vice versa. The current paste function seems to always replace everything.

Another thing I'm missing are "add9" chords.

And while the "clear special" function is very useful, it would be great to also have notes included as an option, so that a section can be stripped of notes but leave everything else - chords, repeats, text etc. - alone. Deleting melodies note by note or retyping a complex chord sequence is a bit of a drag. Again, am I missing something?

When working with multiple page documents, an option to include the song title in the footer along with the page numbers would be great. If the pages should fall of the music stand with several multi-page songs in the set, song titles would be a great help to sort things out quickly.
dalgaard

Re: Various issues

Postby fritz744 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 pm

I now use Notion for iPad almost exclusively for Arranging and composing but would also like to see some changes to speed up my workflow.

The introduction of a Sibelius type "Reduce and Explode" and filtering system would be fantastic for creating individual parts from multi voiced piano parts.

I would also like to see the inclusion of Score name, Part name and Page number footers or headers for every printed page produced. This would be a huge time saver. My last arrangement was a score 47 pages long for 14 instruments which subsequently produced nearly 50 pages of individual parts all of which needed to manually have the page numbers and Part names added on each page.

To be able to export the score and all parts in one pdf would be a sensible inclusion. The ability to be able to open a pdf in another app on the iPad would also be a great inclusion rather than having to email the part to myself.

The updates for Notion have been fairly stagnant over the last 6 months which gives me hope there is something big around the corner. Lets hope the developers can keep the significant functionality advantage over "Symphony Pro" which seems to innovating quite rapidly.

Can any of the developers comment on when we will see a update and what new inclusions we can expect to see in it....

Love the App and I'm not too far from giving Sibelius away for good.
fritz744

Postby Jaws75 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 am

I'm sure they are aware of the escalating updates symp pro are dishing out like it's the end of the world...
Best way is to email them at support@notion.com I think that's correct. They always answer!!!!
Jaws75

Postby thorrild » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:59 pm

I was just notified of an update to Notion's iPad app last week. Did you not see it?

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby senrabad » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:18 pm

I know there is a lot of cool functionality to request but I would be happy if
--Chord symbols would transpose when you transpose a line or the score
--Titles would not disappear if you accidentally click them in score setup
--Titles (main and sub) didn't just disappear from scores and parts in print view (especially when file was originally imported midi)

I haven't seen these things mentioned in the forum. Maybe they are just bugs only I'm experiencing?
Would love to know and/or have a fix!
thx
senrabad

Postby senrabad » Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 am

I should mention that I am on a first gen ipad, abandoned by apple, disqualified for system 6 or 7, so I think I am not eligible for the actual current version of notion.
senrabad

Postby dalgaard » Mon May 19, 2014 3:41 am

I have not had any of those issues, I think you're right that it's probably the old hardware causing problems...
dalgaard

Return to Notion for iPad