Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Problem with Transposition

Problem with Transposition

Postby BEANZMEANZ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 pm

I have just bought installed the iPad version of notion and so far I'm very impressed. But the reason I got the software is because I have to learn a lot of jazz licks and being jazz, have to learn them in lots of different keys. So I got notion, plugged the notes in, all good. I transposed to the new key and then transposed back to the original key and now the notes I have are not the notes I started with. Lots of accidentals have gone missing so the notes have actually changed. I'm not talking F# is now Gb but rather that F# is now F. Has anybody else had this problem? I've taken a backup now of the score in case it happens again as I had to go through and correct all the notes.

Also, while I'm here I have to say that it would be great if I could just set a key for the whole piece. Then just select a new key when you want to transpose. You can do this for instance in "iReal B" and it's so handy. It's a bit convoluted in Notion having to select everything then transpose.

Many thanks all and like I say, all in all it's fantastic software!! Thanks!!
BEANZMEANZ

Re: Problem with Transposition

Postby dalgaard » Mon May 19, 2014 3:49 am

The issue might be between "chromatic" and "diatonic" transposing? If you go chromatic one way and diatonic the other, that would explain the inconsistency.
dalgaard

Return to Notion for iPad