Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

which instruments in All bundle.

which instruments in All bundle.

Postby nancye » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 am

Is there a list which shows which instruments are available in the "all bundle?"
nancye

Re: which instruments in All bundle.

Postby thorrild » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi nancye,

The instruments in the All bundle are the same as the full set of expansion sounds available for the desktop version of Notion. Go to Notion's website, www.notionmuic.com, and from the Store menu select Expansion Sounds. The description of the complete set of sounds ($500) lists the groups of instruments, and if you scroll down, you'll find more details about instruments within each group package.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby nancye » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Thank you, Thorrid, I appreciate your knowledge. Since the ipad version is less than 2GB, compared to +8GB on the desktop version, what is sacrificed in the smaller iPad bundle? Are the sounds still rich and "believable"? I would be buying Notion only for recording better sounds than the MIDI ones in Sibelius as i don't own any samples otherwise.
nancye

Postby thorrild » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Nancye,

The sounds for the iPad must be compressed somehow, given the relatively smaller file size, but it is really hard for me to tell any difference in sound between them and the desktop set, and since I don't work for Notion/PreSonus, I can't tell you anything more than that. Still, since you are one of the many travelers who arrive at Notion from Sibelius, you might consider getting the desktop version of Notion: It would be more of a parallel to what you currently have, and as marvelous as Notion's iPad app is, there are still some things that can only be done in the desktop version. Also, although the iPad app is beautifully thought out, I still find it more cumbersome to get music down on "paper" using the iPad than when I am at my computer version of Notion. I know the desktop application is more money and the sounds are more expensive, but there is a reason for that — not so much in terms of sound quality, but in ease of use, polyphony, the ability to use sound libraries from other companies, etc., etc., etc.

Afterwards, if you want to get the iPad app to play around with on the side, it would be an easy choice, since it is so inexpensive, and since it shines especially because it can display and play lots of things that can't even be created on the iPad. In other words, as an on-the-road adjunct to the main program, I think it is unbelievably handy.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad