Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Frustrations.....new user.

Frustrations.....new user.

Postby DrJazz930 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Greetings,

I just purchased the iPad version of Notion, I must say that I'm impressed! I have been searching for answers in the help section, but have a few questions I'm hoping someone might be able to provide answers, please forgive me as a few of these are basic:

1. How do I hide or eliminate the instrument name on the left side of each system?

2. How do I write Text in a score? I did try the text icon, but it only allows you to change the font.

3. How to I change the number of measures in a system or line?

4. I'm finding that drawing slurs is most frustrating, does anyone have a tip to make this easier?

5. Is there an option for Jazz Chord Symbols or special Jazz fonts?

6. Is slash notation (For soloing) supported?

Again, sorry my post is so long winded, in time I'm hoping Notion will release the stranglehold on Finale.....I also purchased Notateme for iPad, although it's a nice concept, Notion is FAR easier to use.

Happy holidays & Greetings from Mexico,
Edward
DrJazz930

Re: Frustrations.....new user.

Postby Wawoodman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:11 am

1. It's in the settings. Look at page 38 in the help.

2. Tap on the measure where you want the text. Then, tap on the TEXT selection icon. You should see a small box, and the keyboard appears. Enter your text, and THEN change the font or size, if desired.

3. You can select the number of measures per line for the score. To move measures on a line by line basis, use the selection tool to select a measure, and tap More... You will get a dialogue box, and tap the line that says Measure for your options.

4. What problem are you having? I find that I can enter all of the notes first. Then, select the slur tool. (The pencil tool must be deselected.) Tap on the first note, and a small orange slur attaches to it. Tap on the last note, and the slur is completed.

5. Can't help you there, sorry!

6. Slash notation has been requested, but I don't think it's been implemented, yet. You can enter rhythmic notation, though. Enter the notes, then Select>More>Notes>show as rhythm slashes
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad