Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Real time record

Real time record

Postby Ivr » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:59 pm

I have ipad air with ios7.
The recording function doesn't seem to work. I get a count off and the placement marker moves but I hear no sound from the keyboard or drum pads and when I stop the recording nothing has changed. Meaning no notes have been recorded.
This function would be most useful to have. Help?
Ivr

Re: Real time record

Postby acttothebeat » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:34 am

I had the same issue and wrote to support. I was told this:

the built-in virtual keyboard will allow you
to enter notes in step time but does not function in real-time. For real time MIDI
entry, you will have to connect a MIDI controller to your iPad.
acttothebeat

Postby choirguy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:28 am

I believe that recording only works with an attached keyboard via the camera USB dongle to MIDI. I recently did some work with Notion this way.
choirguy

Postby Ivr » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:47 pm

poo.
Any chance this functionality might be added in a future update? It should sure would be convenient. :D
Ivr

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:27 pm

This feature is very difficult to arrange. For the time being we have made it possible for users to use external devices. There is talk about this feature being added, but it will take quite a bit of time to get to. There are some limitations to the processing power on the iPad that make this difficult as well as touch screen limitations.

We have some work arounds that might make it possible to do, but it is a long way off to make it right.

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aph » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Symphony Pro has had realtime record (with an on-screen keyboard) for a long time on their ios app. It's not perfect, but works well, and very convenient.
Aph

Return to Notion for iPad