Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Serious Playback Issues

Serious Playback Issues

Postby sivalio31 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 am

First of all, I would like to say that I love this app and it is exactly what I need to be productive while moving around my college campus all day!

My Problems:

1. On drumset, sometimes when I change the note head to diamond shape: the note (and any attached to it on the same voice) will not play.
*I have since figured out that the diamond head note (along with any notes that occur on the same beat in the same voice) will not sound. To temporarily remedy this I have used triangle note heads in that occasion.

2. On some scores I have added Bari. Sax. and the sound will not play at all for that instrument. I believe this has something to do with how many instruments I had because of a warning that pops up when I have a lot of instruments, however I never had more than 6 notes sounding at once...

3. Unrelated to subject line: My "Save As" feature suddenly stopped working.

4. Also unrelated: Changing my title information often does nothing and it forever stays "Title"

Thank you for your time and I look forward to responses!
Kooper Smith
sivalio31

Re: Serious Playback Issues

Postby manofmusik1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 am

You get the warning message whenever you create a score with the potential for more simultaneous notes than the iPad processor can handle, even if that number of notes never actually sound together. I've written some big orchestral scores and get not only dropout, but major distortion. This can usually be fixed by stopping playback and starting again where you stopped or just before.

Interestingly, muting sounds in the mixer so that only an acceptable number of instruments play back proves ineffective. Distortion still occurs. It's as if the muted instruments continue to play 'virtually,' and so the strain on the processor is the same. There should be some way around this, but I haven't found it.

Regarding re-titling, I've found that if you make several changes in the score set-up window and then hit OK, title changes are not saved. Unfortunately, you have to make one title change at a time, immediately hitting OK after each. Try that; works for me.
manofmusik1

Return to Notion for iPad