Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Change all notes up two - new user :)

Change all notes up two - new user :)

Postby Anna » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi there!

I have recently purchased Notion for my iPad with the purpose of playing with my daughter as she learns the cello. I played flute in high school, so this is the extent of my musical knowledge.

I would like to put her practice pieces, and some Christmas carols, in from her cello books, and then copy and paste them two notes higher (from base clef into treble clef?) for my flute - can this be done? It's not transposing, just transplanting really! I have done this manually with success (looks so nice and professional!) but it is very time consuming.

Thanks,
Anna
Anna

Re: Change all notes up two - new user :)

Postby Randy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:44 pm

When you paste the cello part into a blank flute line (with 2 staves on the score) the notes should be pasted in the treble clef, but very low. You highlight the measures in the flute part only, you select MORE, then Tools / Transpose. Here's the tricky part: In the second row of options you have to select Octave (or other transposing interval), but you also have to select in the last row of options One octave, Two octaves, or Three octaves, not the default Same octave. Only use Same octave when you transpose less than an octave.
Randy

Re: Change all notes up two - new user :)

Postby Anna » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Wonderful! Thank you so much! I didn't realise how to make that function work properly.
Anna

Return to Notion for iPad