Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

anyone else notice performance issues with ipad 2?

anyone else notice performance issues with ipad 2?

Postby Jaws75 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:54 am

Hi, is it time for an upgrade in ipad?

i notice alot of weird things happening in notion ipad...like trills symbols appearing in wrong places...not working..articulations not working, pauses in cuttin n pasting,...audio button not always sounding. when playing chords with onscreen keyboard and the keys are still pressed down..until you press them again!
I could go on and on.
Pls someone tell me it's due to the ipad 2 performance.
Thanks
Jaws75

Re: anyone else notice performance issues with ipad 2?

Postby Wawoodman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 am

Have you tried restarting the iPad? I know that there isn't supposed to be an issue with leaving apps running in the background, but my experience has been that force quitting apps and/or restarting occasionally can very often clear up problems.
Wawoodman

Postby Jaws75 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:05 am

sorry i have done that. I take it you have an ipad 2 and have zero problems.

Wether it makes any difference to workload...i do orchestral music.

Thanks for suggestions
Jaws75

Postby manofmusik1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:28 am

I also do orchestral scores on an iPad 2 and have many problems. Like you, I've tried shutting down and restarting my device. Sometimes that helps, but not with everything. The biggest problem is extremely limited processing power that results in playback becoming wildly distorted, instruments dropping out, or the whole score freezing. Sometimes this can be fixed by halting playback and restarting close to where you stopped. I've also had some of the other problems you mention, but honestly must say most I eventually figure out are my errors - subtle things I've done incorrectly. One I just discovered is writing divisi, voice 1 first, then voice 2, and forgetting to switch back to voice one when I move to another instrument. This can screw up dynamics, rests, articulations, etc.
manofmusik1

Return to Notion for iPad