Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Starting a piece part way through a bar etc

Starting a piece part way through a bar etc

Postby hdobson » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Dear all

Some advice please :)

Is it possible on the iPad version to start a piece part way through a bar - that is perhaps on the fourth beat?

I've tried to do this and the best I can do is add in rests, then hide them, so that there is just the quaver/quarter note visible.

However this doesn't look right visually on a printout - and it makes it impossible to repeat from the beginning if there are rests prior to that note being played before the note itself.

I know there are ways around it - such as just repeating from the first complete bar - but it would be nice to know if there is a solution.

Howard
hdobson

Re: Starting a piece part way through a bar etc

Postby Wawoodman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 pm

You can make the first measure a pickup. Let's say you have a time signature of 4/4, and you want a quarter note pickup. Enter your single quarter note in he first measure. Cancel the "note entry" mode, and tap and hold in the first measure. You will get a menu bar, and one of the choices is "make pickup bar." Choosing this will close that first measure, and let you enter your notes in the next measure.

I haven't tried it to see how it works with playback, though.
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad