Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Recalculate Measures

Recalculate Measures

Postby PaulDJones » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 am

Hi,

Is it possible for notion for ipad to recalculate note placements and measures if I change the duration of a note/chord? For example, if I have a measure of 8 notes (in 4/4) of 1/8 note duration, and I change the 6th note to a quarter note, notion does not move the 8th note to the next measure.

Any ideas? Am I missing something as obvious as the nose on my face?

thanks

PAul
PaulDJones

Re: Recalculate Measures

Postby Aph » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:35 pm

The extra note will turn red. You can then decide to cut or cut and paste somewhere else, etc.
Works the same in the desktop version.
Aph

Re: Recalculate Measures

Postby PaulDJones » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks. I think that this would be a good feature request. The issue I run into is that I will often finish a piece, or at least a section, and will tweak some of the rhythms. Having to
mess around with cutting and pasting would just about send me batty.

I am thinking of a tool that would take a score and analyse to and redistribute the notes to properly fill the measures. Longer notes that might not fit well are broken into smaller quantities and barred across measures.

Of course, I could just stop being a baby and learn to love the cut and paste as well... :P
PaulDJones

Return to Notion for iPad