Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Tuplet position?

Tuplet position?

Postby gibsonbradley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:40 am

Has anyone figured out a way to change the "3" part of an 8th note triplet so it's above the beam, not below the note heads?
gibsonbradley

Re: Tuplet position?

Postby Wawoodman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:34 pm

No. And in fact, I'm having a heck of a time with the triplets. Sometimes the bracket shows, sometimes it doesn't. I've been playing with the "automatic" and the "always show" settings, but I'm still not getting consistent behavior. It may be user error, but again, I wish there was better documentation.
Wawoodman

Postby gibsonbradley » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Yeah, it would be nice to change the default of the triplet maker that resides in the note creation menu.... Quarter note triplets seem to bracket naturally while eighth note triplets will not bracket if the figure contains only notes, that is unless one creates a non-triplet passage and then selects that passage, creating a custom tuplet and choosing "always show." That works for me, anyway.
gibsonbradley

Postby elerouxx » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 pm

No way to change the position of the triplet number and bracket.

The bracket is automatic by default: it shows when the notes have no beams, or when the beam is broken because of one of the notes being a pause. However, it ALWAYS shows when a custom tuplet with 'always show bracket' is added.

I would also like I could change the tuplet position. See thread about this here http://forum.notionmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3125
elerouxx

Return to Notion for iPad