Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Purchased Sound Not Available

Purchased Sound Not Available

Postby Randy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 am

I purchased the Glockenspiel sound as an In-App purchase, waited a considerable amount of time for the download, finally got the download completed message, and was able to add a glock part to the score. But none of the notes sound, and when I check score setup the instrument appears normally without the $$ purchase price. When I quit Notion and come back in and load the test score, a message pops up that says the glockenspiel sound is NOT purchased. When I check the Notion Store from within the App it says that the glockenspiel is installed. I even tried restarting with iPad without success in restoring the glock sound.

What can I do to fix this problem?
Randy

Re: Purchased Sound Not Available

Postby thorrild » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:47 am

Hi Randy,

This happened to me once as well. All you have to do is "purchase" the sound again. You are a already on record as having bought it once (using your Apple ID), so you won't be charged again.

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Randy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:56 am

There doesn't seem to be a way to purchase again. The App Notion Store section shows it as already installed as does selecting a purchase from score setup. How can I select to purchase again?
Randy

Postby thorrild » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:13 am

Hi again, Randy,

This was so long ago, I can't quite remember the details. If you send an email to the excellent Brian Meisner in Notion Tech Support (support@notionmusic.com), he'll be able to help you.

I know it's another big download, but have you considered reinstalling the entire app? If you do, don't forget to save your scores first, either on Dropbox, or by emailing them to yourself.

Best,
Thorrild
Last edited by thorrild on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Wawoodman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 am

You might try deleting the sound, first. Then, "repurchase" it.
Wawoodman

Postby Randy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Great... Can you give instructions on how to delete the sound already purchased? I do not see any options for deleting purchased instruments.
Randy

Postby Wawoodman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:55 pm

That I can't do, sorry! I don't have any. You might have to delete the Notion app, and re-download it, as Thorrild suggests.
Wawoodman

Postby Randy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Happy ending here... I successfully deleted the Notion App, re-installed it from the Apple Cloud, and then re-installed each previously purchased instrument. Heads up, if you ever have to do this, you have to know what your previously purchased instruments were, because all instruments will have 99 cents, or whatever, as a price. Once you select the instrument it will notify you if you already purchased it and if you want to download again.

We determined that downloading through a hotel WiFi system, as I did, might not be a good idea because if the download fails it may tag the instrument sound as purchased and downloaded successfully when the download actually failed from a wonky WiFi connection or slow speed.

Moral of the story? Only download instrument sounds when you know that WiFi is fast and rock-solid.
Randy

Postby DiegoLyne » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:40 pm

I have all instruments and now i can read:

score use instruments not yet purchased:
Jazz Alto Sax sounds are not available.

It's a pity.
What's happen?
And how save hundred songs to dropbox.it's foolish. Not serious at all.

I have no time for stupidities.
DiegoLyne

Postby thorrild » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 am

DiegoLyne wrote:I have all instruments and now i can read:

score use instruments not yet purchased:
Jazz Alto Sax sounds are not available.

It's a pity.
What's happen?
And how save hundred songs to dropbox.it's foolish. Not serious at all.

I have no time for stupidities.

Hi DiegoLyne,

I hope that at least you have the time to be civil. :D
Although it is difficult to tell exactly what you are talking about, perhaps the problem is that your download of all instrument sounds failed before it was finished. Make sure you are on a solid, fast w-fi connection and re-purchase the entire sound package. You will not be charged for it again, as you are already on file via your Apple ID.

As for the Dropbox issue, I have to admit that I like it and use it all the time with no problems. What part of it do you find "not serious"?

Best wishes,
Thorrild

PS: If English is difficult for you, perhaps you can post your question in French. There are several knowledgable, francophone contributors on this forum.
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Next

Return to Notion for iPad