Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Purchased Sound Not Available

Re: Purchased Sound Not Available

Postby DiegoLyne » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Bonjour,

J'ai une très bonne connection internet et depuis peu j'ai des problèmes pour avoir du son sur quelques instruments comme par exemple le saxophone alto jazz.
Si je dois désinstaller Norion comme solution proposée, je me vois mal sauvegarder une par une toutes mes chansons (une centaine) sur Dropbox.
Et c'est pour cela que je dis que je n'ai pas le temps pour ces stupidités!
J'aime Notion mais là je dis non.

Comme je dis non quand à chaque mise à jour, nous devons recharger le giga d'instruments.
DiegoLyne

Postby thorrild » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 am

Hi DiegoLyne,

Regardless of the quality of your internet connection, it seems to me (although I am just a fellow Notion user and do not work for the company) that the download of the expansion sounds failed in some way if you cannot get the alto saxophone to sound. I believe the remedy is to install everything again. But you don't have to take my word for it; if you want better advice, you should contact Brian in tech support. He is very nice, not at all stupid, and his email address is support@notionmusic.com.

As for your score files, I can only advise you again to think about backing them up somehow. If the only copy you have is on your iPad, you are running the risk of losing them all: Something could happen to your iPad - it could malfunction, you might accidentally drop it, or spill liquids on it, or it could be stolen. Dropbox is a very handy place to backup all sorts of files. You have other options as well: For example, you can email the files to yourself. If you backup 100 files, it may take you over an hour, but you will safeguard yourself, and for most of the files, you will never have to do it again. I consider it time well spent, and a necessary part of working with computing devices.

You are not required to install the expansion sounds with every update.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby DiegoLyne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you

I want to reinstal notion.
I really need to be more and more correct when i write a post, it's true. And apologise.
DiegoLyne

Postby Randy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:23 pm

I have to agree with DL that it's ridiculous for the only solution to a failed download of an instrument sound is a complete delete and reload of Notion. Frankly, my own experience makes it less likely that I will ever buy another instrument sound. I wasted hours on trying to fix the problem, then backing up scores to Dropbox, reloading Notion itself, then trying to remember the original purchased instruments (I think I got 'em all), and then restore each score, one by one, from Dropbox.

There really needs to be a away to reload a purchased instrument without a complete reload of the App.

Of course, this is just my own opinion based on my own experience, and I still think that Notion for the iPad is fantastic! In the midst of all this I must confess that I was tempted to try Symphony Pro when I saw that it was available, once again, in the App Store, but I refrained.
Randy

Postby DiegoLyne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Thank you

And 3 hours later for all songs to Dropbox!

So...
DiegoLyne

Postby DiegoLyne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello,

All instruments with sound except
Power Toms in percussion category

Must i installed all again and again?

image.jpg
image.jpg (154.83 KiB) Viewed 8172 times
DiegoLyne

Postby thorrild » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi DieghoLyne,

As I mentioned, you will be best helped by contacting Notion Tech Support. Brian Meisner can be reached at support@notionmusic.com - I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Best wishes, and good luck!
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby DiegoLyne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks, but i thought Brian read and participate in forum!

Ok, i send him a message.
DiegoLyne

Previous

Return to Notion for iPad