Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Setting key signature--new user

Setting key signature--new user

Postby Dean L. Surkin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:18 pm

I just installed Notion on my iPad yesterday (I use Finale on my desktop). I have searched the help screens and this forum for how to set the key signature, and I cannot find the command. I am sure it is something blindingly obvious, but I'd really appreciate it if someone would explain how to do it. Thank you.
Dean L. Surkin

Re: Setting key signature--new user

Postby Randy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:49 pm

To change or set the key signature, place the notary cursor (green) on the first beat of the piece, or where you want to change the key signature. Then tap the 4/4 icon to select the options for clefs, keys, tempo, etc. Then tap the key signature icon (3 sharps) ###. Choose the concert pitch key that you want.
Randy

Postby Dean L. Surkin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Thanks, Randy!
Dean L. Surkin

Postby Anna » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks, very helpful :)
Anna

Postby GoetzJames » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 am

I was also in search of the answer which question is asked here and the solution given by you Randy helped me alot so thankyou. :D
GoetzJames

Postby Dronemaker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:55 pm

I had a similar issue where I began the score in the key of A but wanted to change it to the key of C to let the sharps show up as accidentals in the score. (Some of my bandmates find it easier to sight read that way) It didn't seem to want to let me do that. I kept choosing key of C on the picklist, the usual was of choosing a key signature. but it didn't change the key signature. I must be missing something.

But can can't say it enough. As a 20-year finale veteran, I really really dig Notion!
Dronemaker

Postby Randy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 am

Dronemaker, I just created a score in the key of A, entered a melody, and then changed the key to C. The pitches did not change, and the sharp notes changed to accidentals. I wonder what we did differently.
Randy

Return to Notion for iPad