Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Glissando to a chord goes to bottom note

Glissando to a chord goes to bottom note

Postby Randy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:21 am

My vocal score in Eb ends with a glissando from Bb to Eb, but the Eb is chorded whole note over a Bb and a G. So if I start with just the top Eb and gliss up from the previous measure's Bb, I get what I want: a glissando up. But if I then add a Bb the glissando switches to the lower note. If I add the G then it switches again, always to the lowest note in the chord.

How can I get a glissando to go to the top note instead of the bottom note of a whole-note chord?
Randy

Re: Glissando to a chord goes to bottom note

Postby thorrild » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:33 am

Hi Randy,

If you can live with notation that doesn't look 100% like you want (if there are stems on the destination notes), you can put the top note in layer 1 and all other notes of the chord in layer 2. If the glissando starts in layer 1, it will go to the top note and play back correctly.

Best wishes,
Thorrild

Gliss.tiff
Gliss.tiff (22.41 KiB) Viewed 8526 times
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Randy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:03 am

Yes, thank you. In this instance the destination is a whole note. Putting the lower two notes in layer 2 worked perfectly!
Randy

Postby idiotSavant » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:47 am

Thorrild, hope you catch this. You're always a wealth of Notion knowledge.

I'm having trouble entering a harp gliss across measures. I have a long gliss across 4 measures, but I can't seem to figure out how to enter it.

Any hints?
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Postby thorrild » Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Michael,

I don't know how to do this without putting "helper" notes on each downbeat, as suggested in the attached file. It plays back okay, but it may not be what you want to see on paper. If your project is for print-out, the only thing I can suggest is to leave the in-between bars blank and draw in a glissando line using either a PDF editing program or a pen and ruler.

Best,
Thorrild
five-bar gliss.notion
(22.75 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby idiotSavant » Thu May 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks Thorrild. Surfwhammy had suggested that in a separate post on the same subject. I might have figured that out eventually. I actually entered each note of the bliss but that was some work, and sounds a little mechanical.
Michael

Notion 4 Mac
VSL Dimension Strings
VSL Special Edition 1,2, Plus
Miroslav Philharmonik
Apple Logic
idiotSavant

Return to Notion for iPad