Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Changing instrument (patch change)

Changing instrument (patch change)

Postby Randy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:28 am

Often my scores I have an instrumentalist that must change instruments. For example, a Synthesizer player might need to alternate between two or three instruments sounds written noon part, Strings, Xylophone; or a Clarinet payer might switch to Flute for a few bars.

Can Notion for iPad make instrument patch changes for a certain part?
Randy

Re: Changing instrument (patch change)

Postby thorrild » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi Randy,

Changing the instrument sound on a staff is currently possible only in the desktop version of Notion. However, files created in the desktop version correctly switch instrument sounds when imported to the iPad app and played there.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Changing instrument (patch change)

Postby Randy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks for the tip. I do have the Windows desktop version, but it's my dream (someday) to go from inspiration to printed parts 100% on iPad. With the recent rehearsal marks, swing feature, entering notes in transposed keys, and dynamic parts it looks like I'm about 90% there. Keep up the good work, Notion.
Randy

Return to Notion for iPad