Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Voices sounding like Piano ?

Voices sounding like Piano ?

Postby helromar@gmail.com » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello,

Maybe I didn't get something, but all SATB and vocal voices share the same piano sound instead of those of human singers. Is it a bug ? I'm a. - fascinated and very impressed - newbie so maybe I just misunderstood something
helromar@gmail.com

Re: Voices sounding like Piano ?

Postby thorrild » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi helromar@gmail.com,

This is not a bug. Notion doesn't have voice samples in its sound library. The various vocal staves are included simply because there is a need for them among users. But they play back using the standard piano sound.

If you use the desktop version of Notion, you are able to use vocal samples from other libraries (with less-than-impressive results, in my opinion), but since the iPad app doesn't allow you to use sample libraries other than Notion's own, you are stuck with the piano sound.

A tip: I often assign a clarinet sound to a vocal staff if I need to hear it (remember to change the transposition!). The sustained sound works better for me, and the clarinet is sufficiently round and "bland" to make it a decent voice substitute.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Voices sounding like Piano ?

Postby Wawoodman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 pm

I use soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone sax.
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad