Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Slash Notation - Help Please

Slash Notation - Help Please

Postby Mr. President » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi,
Can someone please tell me how to enter slash notation in Notion for iPad?
Surely this is possible! I just need to make simple chord chart road maps like most people use on gigs and sessions everyday where no specific notes are written. For example, 4 stemless slashes in a bar of 4/4.

Thanks!
Mr. President

Re: Slash Notation - Help Please

Postby Wawoodman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:25 am

It doesn't seem to be available. Sorry.

Send or call it in as a feature request. It certainly seems reasonable to me.
Wawoodman

Postby Mr. President » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. Wow it's really unbelievable this was somehow overlooked in the creation of this app. It seems like it would be one of the more primary uses for a mobile music notation app. The ability to write quick charts and share them right on the gig is often needed and is actually the reason I bought this app. I assumed it was a given that it would be included seeing as its really just another "alternate note head" . Hopefully they will include this in the next update. I'll see if I can find where to submit feature requests.

Thanks!
Mr. President

Postby Wawoodman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:54 pm

We all have our own, "wow, that really should have been included!" :D

You could just enter a line of quarter notes on the same line, maybe the B, with x-noteheads. It's not great, but it's a workaround, for now.
Wawoodman

Return to Notion for iPad