Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Dotted tuplets?

Dotted tuplets?

Postby tompalompa » Wed May 15, 2013 3:43 am

My question is if it's possible to write a sextuplet divided in to three 16th notes and one punctuated 8th note.
I figured out how to do tuplets, but if I change from 16th note to dotted 8th note the tuplet mode goes away.

Of course i can divide it into a triplet on one 8th note and then an ordinary 8th note on the next beat. That sounds right but it is confusing to read.

Would be very thankful if someone understands and has a solution to my problem!

Thank you!
tompalompa

Re: Dotted tuplets?

Postby thorrild » Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 am

Hi tompalompa,

I can't create the notation you have in mind either. Your own solution (16th triplet followed by 8th) seems to be the best now, and — in my opinion — not hard to read. In fact you can find this notation in many standard scores.

Two suggestions: If you have the desktop version of Notion, you can create the score there and port it to the iPad. Or, for some longer-term satisfaction, write it up as a bug report and email it to Brian at support@notionmusic.com. Brian is extremely good, and he always returns your email to let you know if there is a solution to your immediate problem, or if it has been put in the pipeline of things to fix.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad