Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Swing feel

Swing feel

Postby Doctor Jones » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 am

Hi,

I'm a new user trying to find my way around the app.

I'm doing a lot of work with blues and jazz and make extensive use of swing / triplet feel, but I can't find how to set this in the score options.

I've googled and searched through the manual but can't find how to set it.

Could someone please point me in the right direction of where to find this option?

Doctor Jones

Re: Swing feel

Postby thorrild » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Doctor,

It isn't (yet) possible to enter swing information in the iPad app, although you can do it in the desktop version of Notion. The folks at Notion tell us that their long-term goal is to add all or most of the desktop capabilities to the tablet app, and they are supplying a steady stream of upgrades that fulfill this promise one step at a time.

The good part is that if you create a score in the desktop version of Notion and transfer it to the iPad, everything plays back, including things like swing and all the other stuff that's not yet available on the iPad.

You should take the time to write a feature request and email it to Notion. If a feature is requested a lot, it tends to get bumped toward the top of the to-do list. The email address is support@notionmusic.com.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad