Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Importing graphics?

Importing graphics?

Postby Hutchpat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello All,
A new user here:
please excuse me if I'm asking previously-posed questions; I've browsed a fair bit and not found the answers.
I'm very impressed with the ipad app so far. A couple of things I'd like to see:

1. Is it/would it be possible to import user-created graphics into any of the symbol bars?

2. As the choice of instruments is skewed towards classical and jazz, it would be nice if one could insert a fillable blank text box instead of one of the pre-chosen instrument names. Uilleann pipes anyone? (I understand that part of the reason is that the scores are designed to be "played," rather than just read, and so each type has an associated MIDI soundfile.)

Any thoughts welcome, and thanks.
Hutchpat

Re: Importing graphics?

Postby thorrild » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi Hutchpat,

1. No.
2. After you've selected one of the available instruments, just change its name to whatever you like:
a. Add an instrument, say a Flute.
b. Tap on the blue arrow to the right of the instrument in score setup.
c. Tap where it says "Flute" in the upper left area, above the picture. A blue text cursor appears.
d. Press Backspace to delete the default name and type whatever you want the instrument to be.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: Importing graphics?

Postby Hutchpat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks for the labeling advice, worked perfectly.
That's a very unequivocal no on the first question eh?
It would make nice feature for a future upgrade, no?
Or perhaps the ability to add such symbols when you want to print (as they would have no function within the Play environment).

All the best,
Hutchpat

Return to Notion for iPad