Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Transposing a measure and switching instruments

Transposing a measure and switching instruments

Postby gfcalvi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi,
is there any way copy the content of a bar to another bar and then transpose the copied bar by an interval (e.g. an octave up) ? Transposing note by note can be very tedious....

Also.. is there a way to switch an instrument at a specific bar as on the desktop version ? As an example, on a specific stave I would like a glock from bar 1 to 16 and then a celeste from 17 to the end.

Thanks
GF
gfcalvi

Re: Transposing a measure and switching instruments

Postby thorrild » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:30 am

Hi gfcalvi,

I don't think there is any way of transposing more than one note at a time on the iPad (yet!). At least, I haven't found one. The same goes for switching instruments on the same staff. As you write, this can be done in the desktop version of Notion (as can transposition of large sections, of course). And files created in the desktop version, containing instrument changes on the same staff, can be opened, viewed, and played back without any problem on the iPad. Have you considered buying the desktop version to gain access to all the things you can't do on the iPad?

Notion has told us that their long-term goal is to make the iPad app identical or very close to the desktop application, and they make great strides with every update, in my opinion. But they are not there yet...

Best,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad