Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

[BIG BAD BUG] corrupt audio

[BIG BAD BUG] corrupt audio

Postby cybran » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:46 am

ok so originally i had a piano (with string ensemble) piece that i created in Notion 3. I upgraded to Notion 4 and then transferred the piece over to Notion for ipad. Around bar 10 into the piece the audio started to crackle and just escalate in crackling noise and corruption until stopping the playback. This would happen again and again at the same point every time when restarting from the beginning. I thought that it was the conversion process so i decided to create the piece from scratch......

It still occurs even with just the piano on its own.....about the piece:

tempo = 85 crotchet beats per minute
time signature = 6/8
key signature = C Major
treble clef = simple singing melody
bass clef = filled with semi-quavers
length = 10 bars so far
dynamics = pp in bass clef, mf in treble clef
other = damper pedal used in bass clef

I guess I have to revert back to Notion 4 :(

cheers
cybran

Re: [BIG BAD BUG] corrupt audio

Postby thorrild » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:58 am

Hi cybran,

My hunch is that you'll get the best and fastest response by emailing the actual file to tech support along with a description of the problem. Listing some parameters of the piece and asking other users about a possible bug you encounter is not likely to get a satisfactory answer.

Brian at tech support is extremely good at solving problems, and he always answers a direct email. His address is support@notionmusic.com.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Re: [BIG BAD BUG] corrupt audio

Postby cybran » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm

hey Thorrild

thanks for the advice! completely understand

i tried to describe the problem as best as i could as i cannot release the source file due to copyright issues surrounding clients

thanks again

cybran
cybran

Return to Notion for iPad