Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Does Notion work without Wifi Connection on Ipad?

Does Notion work without Wifi Connection on Ipad?

Postby zigzapp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 pm

I know this is a crazy question - Ipad without wifi, what's the point? My circumstance is unique, I am about to leave to work out a cruise ship as a musician for 5 months and I need to be a very productive composer while I am abroad and at sea. I will not have any access to regular wifi.

So, does Notion's ipad app work without a wifi connection?

Thank you all for your help!
zigzapp

Re: Does Notion work without Wifi Connection on Ipad?

Postby choirguy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 am

First...Redcliff??? What in the world is all that about? Spam?

Zigzapp...

Two BIG questions for you.

1) If you are doing serious composing, Notion for iPad isn't the thing to use...at least not yet. The goal of Notion is to make the iPad app equal to the desktop version. It may eventually offer specialized features that even the desktop can't have (touch-based). They are aggressively working on the app, and have added wonderful things in the past months...with much more to come.

But if you are "seriously" composing, you'll want their desktop/notebook program, or the program from a competitor.

2) You don't need wi-fi to use Notion once it is downloaded. However, should you wish to upload a song (audio, music XML, or Notion file) or download updates (some of those making the app so much more better for a serious composer) or purchase other sounds, you'll need wi-fi. Perhaps you'll dock in port occasionally where you can find free wi-fi at a coffee house?
choirguy

Postby wcreed51 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 am

It's hard to believe that a cruise ship wouldn't have Wi-Fi
Bill Reed
Notion 4, Sibelius 7.5, Finale 2011/14, Overture 4, Cubase 7.5
Win8 x64, 32GB RAM
M-Audio ProFire 2626
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
wcreed51

Postby b13 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 am

You don´t need WiFi for working with the ipad-Version of Notion.

But also in my opinion you should take the "big" desktop-Version. There are much more features. I started with the ipad-Version, isn´t not expensive at all. But the desktop-Version is better to handle and has more features.
b13

Return to Notion for iPad