Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

rit(ardando) on Notion for iPad

rit(ardando) on Notion for iPad

Postby nidor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am

Hello,

I can't seem to find rit(ardando) anyehere on the menus. can someone help please?

Thanks.
nidor

Re: rit(ardando) on Notion for iPad

Postby pianoman_ssb2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

nidor wrote:Hello,

I can't seem to find rit(ardando) anyehere on the menus. can someone help please?

Thanks.

I found this post by googling how to add that, actually. I emailed support and this was their response:

"Hello,

I'm sorry but the iPad app, unlike the desktop program, does not currently have the
ritardando available. I will submit a feature request to our development team for
consideration. Thanks again for the email and please let me know if I can be of any
further assistance.

Best Regards,

Brian Meisner"
pianoman_ssb2

Re: rit(ardando) on Notion for iPad

Postby choirguy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 am

I had the opportunity to visit with some of Notion's staff while they were at TMEA.

The goal of the company is for Notion for the iPad to have every functionality of Notion 4 on a "traditional" computer.

I asked about a number of features, and everything I need/want is on the development schedule.

They are pushing out new updates (internally) every two weeks...and pushing out stable versions at least monthly.

In the last weeks, they've added audio export and MIDI entry. Both work wonderfully.

That said, if you want to add a ritardando at this point, you need to do so manually. I find that a decrease of about 10 bpm does it, depending on where you want to go.

Example: original tempo is 60 bpm. ritardando is over two measure. Make beat 3 of m. 1 55 bpm, make beat 1 of m. 2 50 bpm, make beat 3 of measure 2 45 bpm, make beat 1 of measure 3 40 bpm. This results in a very gradual rit.

Again, I asked about this: ritardanos and fermatas are on the development schedule.

And they are REALLY on a development schedule. Very exciting stuff.
choirguy

Return to Notion for iPad