Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Trumpet in d notation

Trumpet in d notation

Postby Mwc » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:59 am

Hello,

I'm looking for help with scoring for a trumpet in D. For some reason when I set up a trumpet in D it scores the notes one octave too high. For example if I enter a middle C (C4) on the keyboard it is scored as Bb in the middle of the staff (treble clef). I believe the correct notation should be the Bb just below the staff.

I am setting up the trumpet in D / same octave. If I change to "one octave higher" then the notation puts it at Bb 5 lines below the treble staff. Any ideas.

Thank you,

Mike
Mwc

Re: Trumpet in d notation

Postby thorrild » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Mike,

As far as I can tell, this is a bug. You are right, there is no way to create a correctly notated D Trumpet on the iPad.

I can correct a good D Trumpet in the desktop version of Notion, and it shows up with the correct transposition when I transport the test file to the iPad. But if I check that staff's transposition on the iPad (tap the gear wheel, then the blue arrow at the Trumpet staff) and okay that setting without touching it, all the music in the D Trumpet staff jumps up an octave.

You should submit it as a bug. Send an email to Brian at support@notionmusic.com and he will make sure it gets fixed whenever they can get to it.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby Mwc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Ok - Thorrild thanks for checking this.
Mwc

Postby turkfury » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 am

I would be glad if you can tell me the correct way to create the trumpet.
turkfury

Postby thorrild » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 am

turkfury wrote:I would be glad if you can tell me the correct way to create the trumpet.

Turkfury,

I don't know if this question is directed at me, but if you happen to own the desktop version of Notion, here's how:

1. From the Score menu, select Setup and create a Trumpet staff.
2. Click on the gear wheel next to the staff. An Instrument Selection dialog box appears.
3. Click the Notation/Tab tab at the top of the dialog box and set the transposition as shown (on my Mac).

D-Tpt.tiff
D-Tpt.tiff (75.85 KiB) Viewed 5439 times

The element that's missing on the iPad is the drop down menu that allows you to decide whether the transposition happens above or below in the same octave.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad