Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Ties

Ties

Postby Zandar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello,
Anyone having trouble with ties? I've yet to get Notion to produce a tie between staves, and yesterday started a piano arrangement, and now it won't tie between measures on the same staff.
Love the program, but this is starting to hang me up.
Zandar

Re: Ties

Postby Zandar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Ok, well. 49 views and 1 email, no replies. Downloaded the update, and basic ties are still hit and miss.

I like this app a lot, but damn. I just want to tie two notes across a bar. In measures 3-4, notion drew the tie. But a few bars later, it won't. No one else is having this problem????
Zandar

Postby thorrild » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 pm

At least in my case, you are correct. I've never had trouble with ties in the Notion app.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby erikbosio » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:18 am

Yes, I'm having the same issue and it's killing me. I hope they got rid of the problem everytime an update is released, but it's always still there!
Sometimes it will tie two notes normally, sometimes I press the tie icon and it does nothing. Most of the times. It's really frustrating. I have Notion 4 on my Mac and all I can do is editing my scores there. :(
erikbosio

Postby Randy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm

My experience and observation with the iPad app is that notes entered with the second voice icon active cannot be tied at all. Notes entered with the primary voice icon active seem to tie just fine; however, I cannot get ties to extend beyond a second note, for example, a half note tied to a whole note and then tied to another half note. Only the first tie works.

So for divisi parts on the same staff, not being able to tie the bottom part is frustrating. And the same goes for multiple notes tied together.

Randy
San Francisco
Randy

Postby dcollett » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Getting a tie to appear across the barline seems to be totally hit or miss. Within a 4-measure, simple piano piece, I was able to get certain notes to tie across the barline, but others wouldn't.

This is what I tried. Perhaps some of you have more ideas what could be causing it:

1. Not the note values. All of mine are 8th notes.

2. Not the pitch. For example, in one measure, two C5s ties across the bar line, but a few measures later, I couldn't get two other C5s to tie.

3. Not single or multi-voice. Some of my treble clef lines have only one note at a time, and I couldn't get the notes to tie across the bar line. In other measures, they do. Vice-versa for measures with 2 voices.

I gave up with this file. :cry:

Then I created a new file, this time for violin.

I tried single voice, multi-voice, different pitches, different note values. In every case, the ties across bar lines worked! :o

I did nothing different between the two files.

Why it works sometimes and doesn't other times is a mystery to me.

Do any of you have opinions? Solutions?

Thanks.

David
dcollett

Postby ghess1000 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:10 am

Maybe the most recent update fixed this as I'm not having any problem with ties in voice 1. It's a little clunky when tying the last note of a measure as you have to use the nav arrow to move back to the note, press the tie icon and then use the nav arrow to move forward and enter the next note.
George Hess
Yong Siew Toh Conservatory
National University of Singapore
MBP, 2.3 GHZ Quad i7, OSX 10.9.3, 16 GB RAM
ghess1000

Return to Notion for iPad