Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

SELECTION TOOL.... PLEASE REPAIR THIS STUFF

SELECTION TOOL.... PLEASE REPAIR THIS STUFF

Postby nevermore2k » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm

sorry, but it just worked for 1 time for me... the selection tool... since you released notion for iPad... maybe it works well on american ipads or something else, but on 3 ipads i own in german language... it does not work.... i changed the language to english and it still does not work... i think there was so much time to fix this.. but nothing... sorry but i hate to pay for products that doesnt work... and notion without a selection tool is pretty much useless...
sorry to be a bit angry... but i hoped that it will work in the new version... but it does not...
nevermore2k

Re: SELECTION TOOL.... PLEASE REPAIR THIS STUFF

Postby jim » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:45 am

I am sorry you are having this issue. I'm not exactly sure how the selection tool is not working for you. It appears to be working on all versions for us, but I'm not sure how it could be a German version issue. Could you please email support@notionmusic.com , they will be able to get detailed with your selection issues, they may have an answer.
jim

Postby Brian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 am

Hello,

This is Brian from NOTION Music. I have seen this issue happen just a few times before. What you need to do is reset your iPad. Here is an excellent article that explains how to do this. http://ipod.about.com/od/ipad/qt/restart-ipad.htm Basically, You just hold the power button and the Home button at the same time until you see the screen with the Apple logo. It should not delete any of your data from your iPad but I would back up to be on the safe side before doing this. I've done it a bunch of times and have never lost anything. It should get your Select tool working again. If you are still having any problems, please feel free to contact me directly by sending an email to support@notionmusic.com.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Postby IztacMusic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 pm

This election tool is supposed to work like the text selection on the iPad. But I don't get the blue area anywhere, so I cannot select a note or anything else so I cannot paste anything anywhere on the score. I have an iPad third generation updated and with more than 25 GB of space. I have reset the iPad several times and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again and nothing seems to work. If anyone has an idea of what to do, please advice. Without the selection tool it's twice the work to create a score. PLEASE HELP !!!!!
IztacMusic

Postby Georgeymc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:47 am

Hi all, any solution to this issue yet? I bought the software yesterday and am using it on an ipad4 the selection tool Is not working.
Thanks, ps...I tried the re-set and re-install
Georgeymc

Postby Brian » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Guys,

This is Brian from Notion Music. This seems to be a problem when you enable Speak Selection. To turn off this feature on your iPad, please go to Settings>General> Accessibility >Speak Selection. Please let us know if you are still having a problem by sending an email to support@notionmusic.com. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Brian
Brian
NOTION Music Tech Support
866-398-2994
Brian

Return to Notion for iPad