Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Successful test

Successful test

Postby slipperman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:52 am

So, with the knowledge I have aquired I successfully transcribed the beginning of the live version of Soul with a capital S. Turned out pretty neat.

This is an excellent practice tool for learning to read notes ( being a false beginner I find it contributing fantastically to absolutely obliterate any thresholds that can occur while learning).

To get it all the way, using it as a source for my drum score pdf's, I think the only thing missing is to be able to adjust the number of bars per row.

I have also found a few annoying things that slow entry down (use cases that appear frequently on my part)

1. Can't change the note head once it has been entered. All the other properties seem to be possible to change to a note e.g. note value and I expect to be able to change the note head as well. The only thing to do is to re-write.

2. Can't find a way to "squeeze" a note with a different note value when other notes have been entered. Example: I have added 8 eighth notes on for the hihat in voice 1. Now I realize that I need a snare beat which is between the eighth notes, i.e. of a sixteenth note value( if the snare would have been in sync with the hihat all would have been well). Removing one eighth note only "collapses" the bar, consequently replacing the deleted note with one later in the bar. Same result, the entire bar has to be re-written from the point where i would like to fit the snare beat.

Would also love to have ghost note head as an attribute option.

slipperman

Return to Notion for iPad