Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Beaming

Beaming

Postby Joexing » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 am

I don't how to adjust Notion's beams. In my case Notion has beamed 2 quarter-note groups of triplets in a way that is hard to read. I'd like to break them up, if possible. I'm new at this. Have I overlooked something? Thanks.
Joexing

Re: Beaming

Postby thorrild » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 am

As I understand it, you cannot alter the beaming of music in the iPad app. If you open the file in the desktop version of Notion, you can fix the beams there. Then, when you transfer the file back onto the iPad, the beam breaks will be shown the way you them. There is a number of things you can't do on the iPad although they can be done in the full version of Notion. I guess that explains the price difference... ;)

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby robdean » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:51 am

A somewhat kooky workaround could be to use the 'second voice' for some of the notes, though of course the note stems would then face in the opposite orientation.

Custom beaming is a feature of the iOS app 'Symphony Pro' so there is certainly a cheaper alternative than the 'parent' non-iOS version of Notion!
robdean

Postby robdean » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:57 am

Of course, using the second voice you would have to position those notes in the bar using rests, which may add more clutter than it is worth...
robdean

Postby Joexing » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful responses. I am learning that the 'state of the art,' where iPad music software is at issue, has not advanced to the point where one may abandon the desktop computer. I don't use Notion on the desktop and I'm about to find out how well iPad Notion plays with the software I use.
Joexing

Return to Notion for iPad