Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

HDMI cable output

HDMI cable output

Postby wilton » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:45 pm

I purchased Notion for iPad a few weeks ago along with the complete package of instruments and am so far very happy with it. However today I plugged in the extrnal HDMI cable to the iPad and noticed that the sound output is totally degraded, fuzzy and distorted. I get the same result with Progression for iPad. All my other proprietary music making apps output audio via this method totally satisfactorily. It does not make any difference whether it is a single instrument or a full orchestra, or from freshly booting the device. Is there a fundamental difference in the way your products output audio to prevent this issue being addressed. Assuming my claim is valid. Thanks for an amazing product otherwise.
wilton

Re: HDMI cable output

Postby Hakir » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm

I am also experiencing severe distortion problems with audio playback using an hdmi cable connected to an iPad.
Making the audio playback worthless.
The sound playback (via hdmi) on other music software packages is fine.
This spoils an otherwise excellent app.
Has there been any answer on this?
I think someone should be addressing this problem.
Hakir

Re: HDMI cable output

Postby thorrild » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:17 am

I don't know if it is Notion's intended policy, but it is my impression that they don't participate in the iPad-Notion forum as much as they do in the Desktop-Notion forum. They may read these posts, but there is no evidence of it.

So I suggest you write an email to support@notionmusic.com and describe the problem. That way you'll be certain it has been logged as such, and if there is a workaround or a reason for the problem that is beyond their control, they'll tell you in their reply. They have great tech support by email.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad