Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Notion versus Progression

Notion versus Progression

Postby trueblue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Has anyone tried both Progression for iPad and Notion for iPad? I am curious as to how the two apps compare. I have Progression and am wondering if it is worth it to spring for Notion especially since the only instrument I play is the Guitar.
trueblue

Re: Notion versus Progression

Postby sepheritoh » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 am

Notion and Progression are two diffrent animals.

Notion do all instruments, i.e. Violins, Pianos, Winds, Reeds, Brass, name it. It is a full orchestration package. Progression can do guitar only. The question is not what you can play, but rather what you want to write for. If you want to add strings and brass to your guitar playing then Notion is for you. If you have no interest in writing for anything other than guitar, then Progression is for you.
sepheritoh

Postby trueblue » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:57 pm

sepheritoh wrote:Notion and Progression are two diffrent animals.

Notion do all instruments, i.e. Violins, Pianos, Winds, Reeds, Brass, name it. It is a full orchestration package. Progression can do guitar only. The question is not what you can play, but rather what you want to write for. If you want to add strings and brass to your guitar playing then Notion is for you. If you have no interest in writing for anything other than guitar, then Progression is for you.

Thanks for the insight sepheritoh. I have started giving my granddaughter lessons via FaceTime and Skype because she lives so far away. I wanted an easy way to send her guitar exercises (she is a complete beginner) and so that she could play along with them. I have been creating them in Guitar Pro and sending them to her. Progression is an easy option BUT maybe Notion might give her more to play around with when she is not practicing guitar.

Thanks again....
trueblue

Postby mvanwoerkom » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 am

trueblue wrote:Has anyone tried both Progression for iPad and Notion for iPad? I am curious as to how the two apps compare. I have Progression and am wondering if it is worth it to spring for Notion especially since the only instrument I play is the Guitar.

Progression is great, but Notion is even better.
For once it is nice to have drums and piano as well,
Also it has the newer code base, so even features that are shared between Notion and Progression might be a bit improved in Notion.

Regards,
Marc
mvanwoerkom

Postby Melendez » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:45 am

Yea, I support the meaning that Notion is better..however the new versions develops so fast that too often they couldn't suit each other
Melendez

Return to Notion for iPad