Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Insert notes between existing notes

Insert notes between existing notes

Postby choirguy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I have a few situations where I want to change the value of a note and put notes between the existing notes.

I can't figure out how to do this on Notion without rewriting the rest of the measure.

Has anyone else figured out how to insert notes between existing notes?
choirguy

Re: Insert notes between existing notes

Postby sepheritoh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 pm

This is a frustrating problem. If anybody knw the sollution, please tell us.

What I do as a workaround is to copy the notes in the rest of the bar into the clipboard (select, copy) then change the value of the first note and then paste all the other notes back.

For example let's say I have 4 quarter notes in a bar. Let's call them note 1,2,3, 4. I want to change note 2 to 2 quavers (8th notes) to give us a 1 2 and 3, 4.

To do this I'll select and copy notes 3+4 in the clipboard. Then tap on note 2 and change the note value to a quaver. Then select note 3 and change that to a quaver and the pitch I want. Then tap on note 4 and then paste, which will copy notes 3+4 from the clipboard.

This is a long winding way round, but it works.
sepheritoh

Re: Insert notes between existing notes

Postby maestrodaddy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:35 pm

I've used exactly the same method. There is no strategy for doing this built into the software.
maestrodaddy

Return to Notion for iPad