Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Recording to input notes

Recording to input notes

Postby Snapstring » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:36 am

It may be that I am being dense....but I can find no way to record along to a metronome for note input?

Please tell me this feature is implemented somewhere! I do not read music, I want to play the music in via keyboard.

Thanks
Snapstring

Re: Recording to input notes

Postby choirguy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 pm

This isn't a part of Notion for the iPad...yet. Symphony Pro does allow you to play in notes with real time recording.

I would guess that Notion is working on this feature, along with audio export.
choirguy

Postby Snapstring » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Ok thanks for the reply. Please devs, I would very much like this feature!
Snapstring

Postby dhbailey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:08 am

If you don't read music, why are you interested in getting the music into readable form? Why not simply use one of the many sequencer apps and share your music with others that way?

But if you really want to get it into readable form and you want to be able to play it in with a metronome, use a sequencer app (which will let you play it in real time), save as a midi file or musicXML file and import that into Notion. That way, you can edit what you play, in case you need to quantize the music so you don't end up with lots of 64th-note syncopations because you were not as metronomically precise as you thought you were, before trying to import into Notion.

Believe me, playing in real time into a notation program is not as easy as you think it might be because the app never knows if you were late or if you really want that 32nd note rest at the beginning of beat 1. :D
dhbailey

Return to Notion for iPad