Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

Horrible export problems

Horrible export problems

Postby karmafarm » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:36 am

Hi all,

Well, I like many things about Notion but export ain't one of them. I've just completed a complex score (12 instruments) which I want to export to share with people using Sibelius. I'm importing to a friend's copy of Sibelius 6. An XML export breaks most of the formatting, and while the score plays back OK, it's more or less illegible and hence useless. I'm missing all my beams on quavers & semiquavers, my time signature changes aren't there, tempo changes have mysteriously halved their values, and all my guitars and basses have been changed to bizarre custom tunings for no readily apparent reason.

MIDI export looks far, far worse and doesn't play back correctly.

Finally, I've just tried emailing as a PDF and the app hangs with no email getting generated.

Please help, I've sunk tons of time into this score and thirty quid into the app and it's quite frustrating! :evil:
karmafarm

Re: Horrible export problems

Postby karmafarm » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Update- I fixed PDF export by splitting my score into 3 files containing smaller instrument groups. So it would appear that large ensembles break PDF export. The resulting PDFs aren't great but they're usable. I am still unable to delete the last empty bar from each score....
karmafarm

Postby pcbeard » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Using the latest version on the app store, I still see export problems. I created a 2 part piece this morning, each containing staff & tab (guitar/uke parts). Tried both MIDI and PDF email options, neither worked, unless I hid the parts and just showed a single part in the score.

If you don't have an easy way to make this work, I'd be happy with email all tracks as separate MIDI files, which would split them apart automatically. The PDF export not working is not really acceptable. Please fix these bugs!

- Patrick

p.s. This is a great tool with a lot of promise.
pcbeard

Postby thorrild » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:24 am

pcbeard wrote:Using the latest version on the app store, I still see export problems. I created a 2 part piece this morning, each containing staff & tab (guitar/uke parts). Tried both MIDI and PDF email options, neither worked, unless I hid the parts and just showed a single part in the score.

If you don't have an easy way to make this work, I'd be happy with email all tracks as separate MIDI files, which would split them apart automatically. The PDF export not working is not really acceptable. Please fix these bugs!

- Patrick

p.s. This is a great tool with a lot of promise.

I use the "Email as PDF" feature frequently and have never seen any problems, whether files contain staff & tab instrument or not. I can email PDFs of 300-bar full orchestra pieces (creating PDFs of more than 2 MB) without a hitch. Specifically what problems do you see?

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Postby pcbeard » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:17 pm

The message stalls. No attachment appears, and i can't address the message. I have a document that reproduces this all the time. I'll try to create a reduced test case.
pcbeard

Postby thorrild » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 am

Have you considered sending an email to Notion's tech support? You are much more likely to get prompt help, or at least an acknowledgement of some problem, if there is one. As I understand it, this forum is a space where users can talk to each other. If you email Brian Meisner at support@notionmusic.com, you will get the best assistance there is.

Don't forget to describe your problem in detail, how to replicate it consistently, and which iPad and app version you are using. If possible, attach the file that gives you grief.

Best wishes,
Thorrild
27" iMac 2013; OS 10.9.3
thorrild

Return to Notion for iPad