Attention:

Welcome to the old forum. While it is no longer updated, there is a wealth of information here that you may search and learn from.

To partake in the current forum discussion, please visit https://forums.presonus.com

android

Re: android

Postby Dillon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:14 am

achambily wrote:Do you plan an version ?

Many modern phones use "Windows Mobile" version 5 or 6. Sony Ericsson and Nokia and some Motorola and Samsungs tablets use "Symbian".

Palm uses their own "Palm OS" but also has "Windows Mobile" devices.

Anyway, the people behind Google decided to get in on the act, and developed their own phone OS... called "Android".
Dillon

Postby Composed » Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm

A tip of my hat to ShiftyGeezer for his insightful contribution to this discussion. I see this issue in an entirely new light as a result.
Composed

Postby elerouxx » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:15 pm

ShiftyGeezer wrote:This is an interesting topic for many apps. There's exactly the same request for ArtRage, a graphics app that has a PC following and an iPad app, but no Android version yet, despite the Galaxy Note offering the best graphics tablet experience of any tablet at the moment.

Certainly though, the moment Notion works on my Note (or potentially any other notation editor), they'll have my custom!

Very enlightening, ShiftyGeezer!

I am an Android fan, but I do understand the problems. I do want Notion for Android, but it could be a great mistake to lose focus in the already developed products. I'm 'selling' a lot Notion 4 now that I am at the conservatory, and my colleagues love it but I still have some trouble with obvious missing things like courtesy key/time signatures, cross-staff notation for piano and a couple other basic things we can't live without. So most people stays with Finale.

That said, us who prefer Notion perform better as composers :) but we have to re-edit the score afterwards using another software :(

I currently use Notion4 on my PC, and another installation in an old TabletPC (hp tc4400) which has a wacom pen. I configured the free software StrokesPlus to work with it almost as if I were handwriting the score, and that's awesome! (I believe you can find a video of me using it in the StrokesPlus main site).

With the sad caveats of the tc4400 being no tablet (it's heavy for nowadays standards) and very poor battery life (I have 2 batteries, for a total 3 hours working), it works as a dream come true. That's why I'm wondering if I'm really going for the iPad, or waiting for some kind of windows8 'surface' device.
elerouxx

Previous

Return to Notion for iPad